01 Apr Top Picks for The Easter Weekend
Are you needing some inspiration for your long-weekend wine shop? Well look no further, from Bubbles to bold Reds we have you covered!
We asked the VIC Sales team to put together their top 5 wines for the Easter Weekend! Here’s their top 5’s that they plan on opening over the long weekend
Aidan's top 5!
- Rob Dolan ‘White Label’ Chardonnay – Extraordinarily well refined chardonnay at that price point. Masterful oak integration.
- L.A.S Vino CBDB – What an interesting combo. Rich and layered it packs a delightful punch.
- Clyde Park Estate Pinot Noir – Gonna have a crack making a duck pizza to go with this.
- 2018 Devils Cave Shiraz – Great example of Victorian shiraz. A wine I will be sharing with my old man
- Sidewood Abel Pinot Noir – Drinks like a $80 burgundy. Such a joy to drink
Alex's top 5!
- Leeuwin ‘Art Series’ Riesling – A delicate but energetic Riesling, full of citrus notes and lemon sherbet
- Paringa Estate ‘Estate’ Pinot Gris – Fresh and vibrant with pear and green apple
- Medhurst Rose – Great with seafood, bursting with strawberry & raspberry flavours
- Port Phillip Estate Pinot Noir – Black cherry and raspberry making this Mornington Pinot soft with a balanced mid palate and fine tannins
- Devil’s Cave Shiraz – A vibrant bouquet loaded with fruit and tightly packed tannins
Ben's top 5!
- Clyde Park ‘Locale’ Pinot Noir – Great intro to Pinot that bats well above its price! Geelong Pinot at its best!
- Leeuwin ‘Art Series’ Riesling – Lemon & Lime – Delicate – perfect for a warmer Easter weekend.
- Devil’s Cave Shiraz – Cracking Shiraz from Heathcote – packed with tannins!
- Howard Vineyard Rose – Strawberries & Cream!
- Pizzini Prosecco – My go-to Prosecco to start an evening, or a long weekend!
John's top 5!
- Howard Vineyard Sparkling Rose – Nothing better to kick off the day with some strawberries and cream in a bottle. Perfect with those salmon dishes on Good Friday.
- Clyde Park Estate Chardonnay – I love Chardonnay, this Chardonnay is outstanding value for money. Elegant, persistent and with all the hallmarks you love from the Geelong region.
- Medhurst YRB – With 50-50 balance of unoaked Pinot Noir and Shiraz. It’s the perfect all-rounder with youthful vibrancy and slurpable appeal
- Three Dark Horses Grenache – I love the super lifted perfume and juicy core to this wine. It has excellent texture and is super approachable without compromising detail and complexities. #bestbbqwine
- Chambers Grand Muscat – Delicious fortifieds are are always overlooked. This rich and sumptuous Muscat is an absolute perfect match with Easter eggs!!
Michael's top 5!
- Clyde Park Estate Chardonnay – Barrel fermented, rich & generous chardonnay as it should be.
- Geoff Merrill Cliento Sangiovese – Takes me to Tuscany – bold – masculine Sang, gets better in the glass.
- Rob Dolan ‘White Label’ Pinot Noir – Has to be one of the best Pinot’s in our Portfolio, complex, and velvety tannins that run forever.
- Pierro LTC – ‘LITTLE TOUCH OF CHARDONNAY’ gives this wine more layers. The citrus/melon notes of the Chardonnay are harmony with the ‘not over grassy’ notes of the Semillon.
- Medhurst Sauvignon Blanc – Spends a hint of time in older oak, allowing the robust aromas to settle whilst adding some viscosity to the palate.
Tom's top 5!
- Three Dark Horses SGT – Great blend, juicy & vibrant red fruits. Works great with the Easter BBQ.
- Serengale Rose – Rose for Days! Sun’s out and rose is flowing. Strawberries & cream with a turkish delight finish
- A.T Richardson ‘Chockstone’ Shiraz – A soft, generous Shiraz for Easter. Plenty of blackberries & dark chocolate.
- Clyde Park Estate Pinot Gris – Oldest Pinot Gris vines in Victoria, great colour due to skin contact. A delicate and fruity palate.
- Rob Dolan ‘White Label’ Chardonnay – A perfect mineral chardonnay from the Yarra Valley. Fruit forward Chardonnay, balance in acidity & structure.